- 500g (4 cups) Pastry Flour
- 227g (1 cup) Unsalted Butter, softened
- 125g (about 1 cup, unsifted) Confectioners Sugar
- 1½g (¼t) Kosher Salt
- 3 large Eggs, room temperature
- In a large bowl, measure and sift the pastry flour. Set aside.
- On a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine the butter, sugar, and salt, and mix until pale yellow and fluffy.
- Add the eggs in one at a time, making sure each egg is well incorporated before adding the next.
- Pour in the flour and mix slowly until it is just combined. If you see some dry spots, finish mixing by hand.
- Divide into three, flatten into circles, and wrap with plastic wrap. Chill in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours before rolling.
- I sift large amounts of flour to help get rid of clumps or impurities; this also helps aerate the flour for easier mixing.
- If the eggs are too cold, they will solidify the butter and make it more difficult to incorporate. Allow the eggs to sit on the counter before using.
- Make sure that you don’t over-mix the dough; a tender crust is yummier than a tough crust.
- Store dough inside the refrigerator for up to 3 days, or the freezer for up to 3 months, well-wrapped in plastic wrap and in a zipper bag.
24 servings per recipe
Serving size 1 tart slice (41.5g)
Amount per servingCalories
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8.5g10.9%
- Saturated Fat 5g25%
- Trans Fat 0g
Unsaturated Fat 3g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 0.5g
- Monounsaturated Fat 2.5g
- Cholesterol 43mg14.3%
- Sodium 27mg1.2%
Total Carbohydrate 21.3g7.7%
- Dietary Fiber 0.5g1.8%
Total Sugars 5.2g
- Includes 5.1g Added Sugars10.2%
- Protein 2.7g5.4%
- Vitamin A 74µg4.9%
- Vitamin C 0mg0%
- Vitamin D 0µg0%
- Calcium 10mg1%
- Iron 0mg0%
- Potassium 38mg1.1%
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.