- 208g Golden Syrup
- 65g Neutral Oil
- 6½g Kansui (Alkaline Solution)
- 260g All-Purpose Flour
- Mix together the syrup, oil, and the alkaline solution. Sift in the flour. Combine and let it rest, covered, for 2 hours.
- Cut to desired size for your chosen application.
- We divide the mooncake dough to 40g pieces for our mooncake press. This weight will vary depending on the size of your press, and how much filling will be used. There will be enough mooncake dough for a baker's dozen, if going by our measurements. The press we use is 3 inches in diameter.
- Kansui is lye water, comprised of potassium carbonate and baking soda. It brings the pH level down in foods, changes the texture, and helps with browning.