Recipe for Saeujeot (새우젓) - Shrimp Sauce
© 2017 Kotokami LLC
- For 2 People
- 40g (2T) Salted Fermented Shrimp
- 2g (½t) Sesame Oil
- 5g (½) Scallion Greens, minced
- 3g (1) Garlic Clove, minced
- Dash of Sesame Seeds
- Dash of Red Pepper Flakes
- Scoop out the fermented shrimp from the jar. Add the minced scallions and garlic with the sesame oil. Stir together.
- Shake in some sesame seeds and pepper flakes, and give the sauce another stir.
- Serve in little dishes for your bo ssam or jokbal!
- You can find the salted fermented shrimp in many Asian supermarkets. Try to find something that is made with just salt and shrimp, and not have additional ingredients like vinegar or lemon juice.
- This seasoned sauce can be kept in the refrigerator for up to a week. The shrimp sauce on its own can be kept for many months in the refrigerator. Use it to flavor many different kinds of kimchi!